This article explains in-depth, how to add a custom certificate to your application.
We know it can sometimes be challenging, so our Bunnyshell dashboards provide a straightforward interface to manage your own certificates.
Before you proceed with these steps, you should first add the domain name to your application. If you want to learn how this can be done, make sure to follow the steps indicated in the article here.
It is important to mention that if you already have an SSL certificate configured on your website, installing another one will overwrite the existing one, as one application can only have one certificate.
- Your website should be live. This means that you have created a DNS record and the domain is mapped correctly, with your DNS records pointing correctly.
Custom certificate — Navigate to certificates settings
In order to add the custom certificate:
Go to your organization settings page by clicking on the organization button on the top-right of the page underneath the Bunnyshell logo.
Click the Certificates tab
3. If you have no certificates, you will have to press on "Add custom certificate".
4. When clicked, you will be redirected to Add custom certificate page.
5. You will have to add the following:
- Certificate name mandatory input field (Maximum 30 characters).
- Private key (PEM) mandatory secret input field.
- CA Certificate (PEM) mandatory input field.
- Intermediate certificates (PEM) optional input field.
6. Press on "Add certificate".
If it will be generated, the certificate will be displayed in the certificates list.
A success flash message will be displayed:
Certificate added successfully. certificate_name has been successfully added.
How to delete a custom certificate
- From the side bar click on Certificates.
- Choose the certificate you want to remove, and press on "Delete".
3. A confirmation pop-up will be displayed where you will be asked if you are sure of this action.
4. Once deleted, a notification will be shown informing you that "certificate_name certificate has been successfully deleted from your Bunnyshell account."
This means that the certificate will be removed.